Valentine's Day is two weeks away! Yikes! Well we thought we would give you some great suggestions for a Valentine's Day in Brooklyn. If you live in Brooklyn or want to impress your significant other with a great Brooklyn experience, this is what we suggest you to do.
1. Before the big day-order a gift from Boroughmakers. We at Boroughmakers, carefully curate locally made products from talented makers and are currently selling some great products. How cool would it be to start your Valentine's Day in Brooklyn by surprising your lover or friend with a gift made in Brooklyn?! Here is what I suggest you buy: Get him/her one of our delicious chocolates or one of our bamboo soy candles that smell so yummy! You can find them both on www.boroughmakers.com.
2. Do yourself a favor and make reservations at Vinegar Hill House. Those who are looking for good food in a cozy but not opulent space would love Vinegar Hill House. Google it and read the reviews...they are wonderful. Plus after you are done eating, you can go walk around the cobblestone filled streets of Dumbo....all very romantic. :)
3. If you're not really into the dinner thing on Valentine's Day or are just hanging with friends then go have brunch at Buttermilk Channel! I've been several times and will never forget the chicken and waffles. It was amazing!! They don't take reservations so prepare to wait but I'll tell you it is most definitely worth it.
4. If all you want to do is grab a cocktail on Valentine's Day then try Maison Premiere in Williamsburg. If you appreciate unique cocktail craftsmanship then you must go this bar. Oh, and don't forget to get Oysters-everyone raves about them.
5. For those who don't care about Valentine's Day and prefer to make believe it doesn't exist then how about getting a group of friends and head to Brooklyn Bowl! I have to be honest, I am really bad at bowling but I still have a great time with good food, music and friends. This Bowling place is like no other in the city...you event get delicious food from Blue Ribbon foods. Go try it out.
We hope you try our suggestions. We would love to hear from you! Let us know where you end up. :)